Sign in to follow this  
Zerox

Hl2RP Combat Rules

Section I: Glossary

S2K = Script shooting someone until they are dead or wounded, no /me commands just good ol Left mouse button

S2RP = using /me command to engage in combat. Eg, /me would attempt to fire 3 rounds at the character's Torso region.

P2L = when there is no realistic way to win, you must purposely lose the /me engagement. Play fair and be realistic

Action = a /me action that a player will perform whether it be passive or combat

Reaction = a /me a player will perform to react to a players SUCCESSFUL action.

Turn = 1 Full Rotation of Role play actions. Everyone has performed an action, reaction and rolls once.

Section II: know your opponent and situation.

when attempting to engage your an opponent you must be aware of certain variables that will allow you to know whether this would be a fair match or a Play 2 Loose situation. Below i have listed the most common character types and situations, outlining what type of role play engagement they may result in (ones not listed are for you and the other player to discuss and work out in a civilised matter).

Citizen: Citizens are usually malnourished or sick due to poor treatment and living conditions with in the city, This however may depend on the loyalty tier of the citizen or the amount of time a citizen has spent as a 'magligment' outside the protective shell of the Universal Union. They may hold pre-invasion skills such as past military experiance or a certain trade, however in general a non-loyalist non-magligment citizen will be a weak, sick or hungry individual.

Rebel/anti-citizen/magligment: Much like the citizen however they would generally be better fed, trained and somewhat stronger. Due to the fact they are outside the oppressive hands of the UU. being able to eat whenever they want and spend their time however they want which may as well be training in hand to hand combat etc.

Civil Protection Unit: A Unit is a strong, highly trained and well disiplined unit. They are heavy due to the equipment they carry and they are alot faster then the average citizen. They are well fed and well looked after, having access to state of the art medical treatment, unlike average citizens CP's are always in peak condition on duty. They are stronger, faster and alert, taking one down without a firearm on your own would be suicide without the perfect location or a bunch of buddies to assist you. They train for these situations, while the citizens the majority of times will act out of instinct.

Elite Civil Protection Unit: the difference between Elites and normal units is more emphasis on speed, strength and training. They are veteran units who have routinely underwent memory washing for utmost loyalty. Rebel or not, you CANNOT beat them in hand to hand, You cannot beat them in MELEE in general. They are cladded with T-4 Body Armour and will carry better firearms and equipment. Best way to deal with Elite's is to take them down with firepower from range.

Overwatch Soldiers/Elites: pretty much the same as the Elite except with more emphasis on equipment, firearms and body Armour. Remember these Soldiers are TRANS-HUMAN, in any circumstance they would perform above the average output of any normal human being.

Section II: Role playing combat, the basics.

Play 2 Loose =

Opponent 1 ---> Action ---> Opponent 2 ---->reaction

For example; /me would throw a right hook, aiming for the mans face -----> /me would be hit on the right cheek, stumbling over.

Roll =

Opponent 1 ---> Action ---> Opponent 2 ---->Action ---> Roll ----> Loser's reaction

For example; /me would ATTEMPT to throw a right hook, aiming for the mans face -----> /me would ATTEMPT to block the punch, returning with a left hook. ----> Roll --->  /me would be hit on the right cheek, stumbling over.

Section II-A: Multiple opponents.

When it comes to having multiple people Role playing combat at once, it simply comes down to just taking turns. It can become quite messy but with good communication and practice it can flow smoothly. Below is a quick basic guide on this.

when taking turns, 2 actions at different times.

Start of turn.

Opponent 1 ---> Action ---> Opponent 3 ---->reaction

Opponent 2 ---> Action ---> Opponent 3 ---->reaction

End of turn.

When 2 actions are being done at the same time, (being shot by 2 people at once etc.)

Start of turn.

Opponent 1 ---> Action ---> Opponent 3

Opponent 2 ---> Action ---> Opponent 3

Opponent 3 ---> React to Opponent 1

Opponent 3 ---> React to Opponent 2

End of turn.

Section II-B: Time Scale/bubble, when to join in.

when you see a buddy getting beaten up and you want to help, you are always welcome to join in on the Role play, however you must wait your turn and deem when it is appropiate to begin an action. The best way to determine this is to calculate how long it may of taken for your character to move from point A to B. This is something can be negotiated with other players and even staff. In general it is always best to atleast allow one full turn of Role play before joining in. Think of it like this way, If you have run from 25 meters away perhaps it may only of taken 'one Role play turn' to arrive, but running from 50-75 meters away may have taken you 'two Role play turns' instead.

At the end of the day, as long as all players and/or staff are happy, then its valid.

Section III: Know when to P2L or to Roll.

below i have listed the most common combat situations you may encounter on the server. Anything outside this list must be negotiated with the other player, or a staff member.

Citizen VS Citizen

Overall = Roll

Hand to hand, no weapons, face to face = Roll

Hand to hand , no weapons, from behind = P2L (opponent)

Hand to hand , weapons, face to face = Roll

Hand to hand , weapons, from behind = P2L (opponent)

Shooting, Point blank = P2L (opponent)

Shooting, distance = Roll (for misses/hits)

Citizen VS Civil Protection

Overall = P2L

Hand to hand, no weapons, face to face = P2L (citizen)

Hand to hand , no weapons, from behind = P2L (Civil Protection, for that turn)

Hand to hand , weapons, face to face = (this can depend on the weapon, A citizen with a bottle will P2L against a CP with a stun stick, but something like an axe would require the players to roll.)

Hand to hand , weapons, from behind = P2L (Civil Protection, for that turn)

Shooting, Point blank = P2L

Shooting, distance = (Citizen shooting = roll) (CP shooting = P2L)

Citizen VS Civil Protection ELITE

Overall = P2L

Hand to hand , no weapons, from behind = Roll (may vary on situation, players will discuss)

Hand to hand , weapons, face to face = P2L (citizen)

Hand to hand , weapons, from behind = P2L (Elite, for that turn. May vary on situation)

Shooting, distance = (Citizen shooting = roll) (CP shooting = P2L)

Rebel VS Civil Protection

Overall = Roll

Hand to hand, no weapons, face to face = Roll

Hand to hand , no weapons, from behind = P2L (Civil Protection, for that turn)

Hand to hand , weapons, face to face = (Roll)

Hand to hand , weapons, from behind = P2L (Civil Protection, for that turn)

Shooting, distance = (Citizen shooting = P2L) (CP shooting = P2L)

Rebel VS Civil Protection ELITE

Overall = Mixed

Hand to hand, no weapons, face to face = Roll/P2L (Situation varies)

Hand to hand , no weapons, from behind = Roll/P2L (Situation varies)

Hand to hand , weapons, face to face = Roll/P2L (Situation varies)

Hand to hand , weapons, from behind = Roll/P2L (Situation varies)

Shooting, distance = (Rebel shooting = P2L) (CP shooting = P2L)

Citizen VS Overwatch Soldier

Overall = P2L

Hand to hand , no weapons, from behind = Roll (may vary on situation, players will discuss)

Hand to hand , weapons, face to face = P2L (citizen)

Hand to hand , weapons, from behind = P2L (OTA, for that turn. May vary on situation)

Shooting, distance = (Citizen shooting = roll) (OTA shooting = P2L)  

Rebel VS Overwatch Soldier

Overall = Mixed

Hand to hand, no weapons, face to face =P2L (rebel)

Hand to hand , no weapons, from behind = Roll/P2L (Situation varies)

Hand to hand , weapons, face to face = P2L (Rebel)

Hand to hand , weapons, from behind = Roll/P2L (Situation varies)

Shooting, distance = (Rebel shooting = P2L) (OTA shooting = P2L)

Section IV: Misc weapon types/rules.

Flashbang

Range = Everyone involved on Role play scenario.

Counter = Attempting to shield eyes, requires Roll

Effect = Opponent blinded and deafened for 2 full turns. Must P2L for 2 turns.

Use = used by /mes, rarely thrown.

Fragmentation grenade

Range = Actual explosive range of throwable

Counter = N/A

Effect = damage, depending on the explosion of grenade

Use = used by /mes but then thrown to determine damage/deaths.